We will Return to Church on May 24th!
Center Grove ‘Return-To-Church’ Action Plan
1. Ensure that we are meeting in a clean building.
• Our cleaning team has shampooed carpets, scrubbed surfaces, and prepared our church for the return.
2. Create signage
• We will have posted signs that encourage social distancing.
3. Have an action plan in place for greeters/hospitality team
• Our Hospitality Team has been trained in the following areas:
o Greeting guests without contact
o Providing space between those entering, exiting, and seated during the service
o Adhering to a cleaning schedule for bathrooms, door handles, and other surfaces during the service and in between service meeting times.
o Meeting the needs of the congregation to maintain safety.
4. Announce the return to the church
• I will make this announcement through Phonetree and Facebook.
• I will encourage those who are at risk to remain at home and prepare those who will be planning to come for the changes they should expect.
• I will explain the process of how we will RSVP for each service.
SERVICE TIMES AND LOCATIONS
1. Reemphasize the online service for those who don’t wish to come.
• Our livestreaming has been a HUGE success. Obviously, we will continue to provide high quality livestream experience for those who choose to remain at home.
• We will encourage those who are sick, have compromised immune systems, or have anxiety about being infected to remain at home and enjoy the livestream.
2. Offer multiple meeting times to encourage social distancing.
• We will meet at 9a and 11a to help provide space between families.
• We will use Facebook events and ask people to call the church office to RSVP for a service time.
• We will chart the number of people who plan to attend to maximize the number of people in attendance while simultaneously keeping distance between each household.
• The Hospitality Team will have a corresponding chart of those we expect at each service in order to seat families accordingly.
• We will only hold these Sunday morning worship services.
• We will NOT BE offering nursery, children’s church, or small groups (Sunday School/Wednesday nights).
1. Be positive!
• During the service, we will celebrate the fact that we are back together.
• We will dwell on the positive rather than focus on the negative parts of the change in protocol.
2. We will not hand out bulletins.
3. We will not pass the offering plate.
• We will provide stations to collect or drop-off the offering.
4. Display extra hand sanitizer.
5. Maintain cleanliness in our restrooms.
• Our Hospitality Team will be monitoring the restrooms and cleaning between uses.
6. Enter and dismiss in an orderly way to ensure social distancing.
• Our Hospitality Team will be seating households together with appropriate space between.
• They will also be dismissing row by row starting in the back of the sanctuary.